Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The facts

Ok guys, I know I've been doing a lot of small posts lately but now I'm going to tell you when and what I'll be doing!

What: Pet Therapy/Animal Assisted Therapy, meaning I'll be visiting local nursing homes twice a week with my owner/trainer.

When: Starting Next Monday at 3:00 p.m. and starting at the other nursing home Next Thursday at 10:30 a.m. If they like me and I do alright, I'll be going twice a week at these times.

If you or someone you know is interested in Pet Therapy, try these different groups:
http://www.deltasociety.org/index.htm Delta Society

http://www.therapydogs.com/ Therapy Dogs Inc.

Or do what I did, call your local nursing homes or ask the animal shelter or vet on how you can get involved with AAT in your community.


---Shadow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I'm getting ready to do pet therapy some time soon!

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

That sounds neat!
I have gone to nursing homes before, but that was when I was really young. Mabye my trainer can take me there again, but that is if my training is doing good...

Frankie

Kara and Jen said...

That's AWESOME, Shadow!! Best of luck with it!

Jen